This conference will look at so-called “new breeding techniques” in EU farming and food production. Are they, in reality, hidden GMOs? Speakers from NGOs, science, business and European authorities will discuss the risks for food safety, environment and health, as well as their legal status.
New techniques and EU farming and food production
Moderation by José Bové
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique-MNHN – Mr. Yves Bertheau
- IFOAM EU group – M. Thomas Fertl
- European Coordination Via Campesina – Sebastian Kussman
Which risks for food safety, environment and health with the new techniques?
Moderation by Maria Heubuch
- Environment Agency Austria - Dr. Helmut Gaugitsch
- TestBiotech - M. Christoph Then
- ENSSER - Ms. Ricarda Steinbrecher
- European Food Safety Authority - Mr. Andrea Gennaro
Legal basis of the new techniques
Moderation by Bart Staes
- Consultant Patent Attorney - Julian Cockbain
- Réseau Semences Paysannes - M. Patrick de Kochko
- Corporate Europe Observatory - Ms. Nina Holland
- European Commission - DG SANTE - Ms. Chantal Bruetschy
by Maria Heubuch, José Bové and Bart Staes
The event will be web streamed. Interpretation in German, English and French will be provided.