This public conference in the European Parliament will look at the challenges faced by journalists and others in their work, with a particular focus on the current situation in Europe.
Panelists will include journalists from diverse media as well as activists from a range of backgrounds.
9:00h Panel 1: THE WORD
- Beatriz Talegón. Journalist and activist.
- Suso de Toro. Writer.
- Ana Pardo de Vera. Director of Journal Público.
09:45h Panel 2: THE NET
- Boro LH Journalist “Kaos en la Red”, “La Haine”.
- Alex García. Youtuber.
10:15h Panel 3: THE MUSIC. Spanish musicians condemned by the Justice to jail:
- Pablo Hasél. Rapper condemned to jail.
- Ariadna Suari: Support Group Valtonyc.
- Iván Leszno: La Insurgencia and Support Group La Insurgencia.
11:00h Coffee Break
11.30h Panel 4: THE WRITING.
- Barbara Spinelli. Rapporteur on “Media pluralism and media freedom in the EU”.
- Bénedek Jávor. MEP Greens/EFA (Hungary).
- Aníbal Malvar. Journalist.
- Jean Quatremer. Correspondant Libération Brussels.
12:15h Panel 5: THE IMAGE
- Isabel Risco, actress.
- Representative of Galician public TV.