See the documentation of the event
The European Commission will present the EU Energy Roadmap this autumn. This paper will follow the Climate Roadmap 2050 adopted by the Commission on 8 March 2011 and present a number of policy measures for the decarbonisation of the energy sector. The EU has committed to an 80-95% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions below 1990 levels by 2050.
Ahead of the publication of this key document, the Greens/ EFA group organises a conference on 22 September to consider what should be the necessary steps and measures that the European Union should take to achieve its ambitious goals in both the energy and the climate sector.
by Bas Eickhout MEP (5 min) 9:35 – 11:00
Green energy scenarios 2030, 2050
- Comparison of the different 2030-2050 EU scenarios.
Presentation by Felix Matthes -Researcher Coordinator Energy and Climate policy - Öko-Institut, Germany (10 min)
- National scenarios of some key EU countries
- Germany - Felix Matthes - Researcher Coordinator Energy- and Climate policy - Öko-Institut (10 min)
- UK - Nick Molho - Head of Energy Policy at WWF-UK (10 min)
- France - Thierry Salomon - President of NegaWatt (10 min)
- Poland - Andrej Kassenberg - President of the institute for Sustainable Development, (10 min)
- Spain - Juan Lopez De Uralde - Former Head of Greenpeace Spain & leader of EQUO (Spanish Green Party) (10 min)
by Claude Turmes MEP