Around 200 young people (young activists, students, unionist, green activists and other partners from the movements and the young civil society) from all Europe will discuss the future of the youth in Europe and with which policy instruments we can counter the various crisis of our times.
8.30h Registration and entrance ASP building
9.15-9.45h Room A1G3
9.45-10.30h Welcome by KATRIN GÖRING-ECKARDT, Candidate of Bündis 90/Die Grünen for the Bundestag 2013 elections
11.00-13.00h Parallel workshops (approx. 40 persons each)
a. Youth vision on the European economic crisis - Room A5E1
- Presentation of the program "Youth in Crisis" by Raül Romeva i Rueda (MEP)
- Presentation of the Federation of Young European Greens by Ingrid Nyman
- Presentation of the European Green Party by Reinhard Bütikofer (MEP)
b. Youth vision on the European democratic crisis - Room A1G3
In cooperation with the Green Group Strategic Working Group.
- FYEG Moderator Sebastian Power
- External inputs: Aline Fares from Finance Watch
- MEP: Reinhard Bütikofer and Franziska Brantner
c. Youth vision on the European social crisis - Room 1C47
- FYEG Moderator Iva Markovic
- External inputs: Natacha Cingotti from Friends of Earth Europe
- MEP: Rui Tavares
d. Youth vision on the European energy and environmental crisis - Room 1C51
- FYEG Moderator Vesna Jusup
- External inputs: Pablo Sanchez from European Public Services Union
- MEP: Ska Keller
- FYEG Moderator Maarten Coertjens
- External inputs: Gabriella Zanzanaini from Food and Water Watch
- MEP: Nikos Chrysogelos and Raül Romeva i Rueda
In the working group there will be a vote on the 5 best proposals in each group.The group will also appoint one or two people who will present these proposals after
13.00-14.30h Lunch in front of the room A1G3
Conference at the European Parliament (ASP 1G)
15.00-15.45h What do young people want from the EU?
15.45-16.15h Presentation of the 5 best proposals per workshop.
- Winner of essay on youth views of the EU crisis
- László Andor's European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Catherine Hazlett, Irish Presidency of the European Council
- FYEG moderator Michael Bloss
This will together be the 20 proposals that come out of this day and will be the ideas that the Greens might want to take up in their thinking on youth issues.
16.15-16.30h Presentation winner of the essay competition by Ska Keller (MEP)
Find the winning contribution here
Presentation of the Manifesto by the Portuguese youth group
16.30-17.30h Open debate: Moderation by Ska Keller (MEP)
17.30-18.15h Next steps: Greens proposals for a Europe where young people have a future. Strategy for 2014.
18.15-18.30h Explanation of the action
18.30-19.30h Action! Place Lux/EP entrance
The group of 200 young people will do an action in front of the parliament.
- YEG Spokesperson moderator Terry Reintke
- MEPs will respond to proposals