DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES OF THE EVENT
- Speech of Karsten Gerloff (original language - ogg format)
- Speech of Karsten Gerloff (in English - ogg format)
The meeting of the Intergroup on Free Software and New Media of 7th July will be entirely devoted to the issue of Free, Libre and Open Source Software.
The Intergroup will welcome Mr. Karsten Gerloff from the Free Software Foundation Europe (based in Germany) and Ms. Jeanne Tadeusz from APRIL (France) - together they will give an introduction to Free Software, and an outline of the main economic, political and legal challenges ahead :
- Why Freedom matters: an introduction to Free Software
- Free Software and public administrations
- Public procurement: How to save money through sustainable competition
- Next actions: what Europe needs to do now
Please note that interpretation will be provided in EN-DE-FR.