15.00 - 16.30
I. The latest scientific findings on Climate change- What are the risks for Europe?
Moderation Bas Eickhout MEP
- Karolin Eichler - World Meteorological Organization
- "A decade of extremes: WMOs assessment of the status of the global climate 2001-2010".
- Dr Bill Hare - CEO and Managing Director of Climate Analytics
- On the latest IPCC report.
- Raphael Sauter - Senior Policy Analyst, Institute for European Environment Policy (IEEP).
- Climate change impacts on EU islands.
16.30 - 18.00
II. From Warsaw to Paris – Which role for the EU between the US and China? Which ambition for the next COPs to maintain global warming below 2°C?
Moderation Satu Hassi MEP
- Lina Li - Climate Policy specialist, Greenovation Hub China
- The latest developments in China.
- Jennifer Morgan - World Resources Institute
- The latest developments in the US.
- Wendel Trio - Director of Climate Action Network Europe
- Climate policy development in the EU
- Julia Michalak - Policy Officer from Climate coalition Poland
- Which role for Poland at the next COP19?
- Ronan Dantec - French Senator
- The Expectations from the French government.
Conclusions - tbc