Clerical and Procurement Officer (Accounts Assistant PG) - Finance Unit
Vacancy notice - Contractual agent, FG III, 3 years
This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time position of a Clerical and Procurement officer (Accounts Assistant (PG))-(fixed-term contractual agent contract of three years, function group III).
Starting date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Contract management: Contribute to the preparation of calls for tenders and to the evaluation and selection of projects/ help the staff in preparing contracts/monitor the fulfilment of contractual obligations and ensure quality control;
- Revise the Internal Financial Rules and the procurement templates for the tender documents: letters, evaluation report, contracts in line with the financial rules;
- Support staff and MEPs in the preparation of contracts;
- Inform staff and MEPs on rules and practices on Greens/EFA Group procurement;
- Act as a liaison with the staff and MEPs on procurement rules: tender preparation, contract preparation, contract management and archiving;
- Propose best practices and improvements of the Group’s tools in relation to the internal procurement procedures;
- As a member of the group Finances team, he/she will take, whenever appropriate, additional tasks in the interest of the service.
Qualifications and experience required:
- An excellent level of English and any other EU official language;
- Very good knowledge of EU Financial Regulations - procurement rules, backed up by relevant experience in contract management , accounting as well as budgeting;
- Very good knowledge of the Financial Rules and the rules for the expenditure of political groups in the European Parliament (budget line 400);
- A good knowledge of the financial rules governing the expenditure of the Members of the European Parliament;
- Be a good team worker, open-minded, communicative and experienced in working in a political administration and a multi-cultural team;
- A relevant experience in financial sector and contract management including several years;
- An educational background in line with the nature of the function as described here above;
- A good knowledge of Office software (Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Under article 82, (23) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate to be an excellent team player, open minded and proactive, who likes to work in a multicultural environment, ready to work flexible hours and joining on missions.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, please send a cover letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group, Guillaume Sellier, (Guillaume.Sellier@europarl.europa.eu) copy the Greens/EFA HR Department (Greens.HR@europarl.europa.eu) before 5 May end of business (7PM Brussels time).