This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time Digital Marketer (fixed-term contractual agent position for at least two years renewable, function group III).
Deadline for application: 7th December 2020
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Communication Strategy Unit of the Greens/EFA group seeks a talented digital marketer to join its team in Brussels. The role will involve working closely with our digital team, campaigners and outreach officers, as well as Green/EFA MEPs, staff and assistants to develop and deliver on a digital marketing strategy for the Green/EFA Group.
The digital marketer supports the digital team through advertisement to reach the right audiences for the material they have developed. This role will involve rolling out intelligent advertising and marketing plans based on our audiences and priorities, across a variety of online media environments and languages. It will require close working relationships with the communications unit and campaign and outreach unit to monitor and analyse online engagement on our digital channels. She/he proactively identifies data that leads to learning and specific contributions to decision-making for our campaigns and communications. The chosen candidate will keep up-to-date on emerging technologies and looks for opportunities to apply these new solutions to our work.
S/he will be adept at with working on search engine optimization tools, digital display advertising, analytics and online research. The role also involve keeping our contact database up-to-date and GDPR-compliant, as well as continuous testing and analysing our email engagement strategies and other outreach plans. Such work will feed into the Group’s overall political and communication strategy.
Tasks to be performed:
- Set up an advertisement plan to optimise our reach while respecting data protection and other fundamental rights online in cooperation with the social media coordinator and the campaigners.
- Developing a digital marketing strategy and managing the process from conception to end result
- Creating advertisements, including written texts and design elements in close cooperation with the digital team
- Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of web analytics tools
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Developing the software requirements needed for monitoring and placing advertising
- Managing the financial requirements for such work day-to-day
- Working with consultancy/external agencies on digital strategies (trending topics,...) for national audiences
- Together with the Social Media Coordinator proactively identifying data and analysis that lead to learning and specific contributions to decision-making for our campaigns and communications.
- Ensuring that the Group’s visual identity is respected on all products that go out on our digital channels or via advertising
- Supporting the Communications and Campaigns & Outreach teams in brainstorming the best options for marketing, based on our audiences, key priorities, campaigns and topics
- Analysing the impact of such marketing projects, ensuring continuous development and improvement of such work
- Ensuring good relations with our partner organisations in the development and placing of marketing projects
- Establishing good relationships with a variety of news and digital media groups across Europe for efficient planning for placements of messaging.
- Following trends and new technologies in the area of digital marketing and outreach to ensure we are at the cutting-edge when it comes to delivering our strategy.
- Maintenance of software/technical equipment when required
- Regular writing and collating of information from the wider team, with storytelling and creative communications at the core of day-to-day work
Qualifications, experience and desired skills requested:
- Work experience of 2 years or more
- Very good knowledge of English and of at least one other EU language
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and other tools to reach more people through our website
- Experience with online advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google ads, digital ad software etc.)
- A strong understanding of audience engagement and online content creation
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices and knowledge of web analytics tools
- Excellent writing skills for digital campaigns, storytelling
- Fast and precise working style and a high degree of flexibility
- Familiarity with the Green/EFA Group’s values, positions and public presentation
- Excellent analysis skills and a proven record of strategic planning and creative-development, including the design and implementation of multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to be self-motivated and a stress-resistant team player
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests and projects at the same time
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to problem-solve, with an emphasis on creativity and brainstorming new ideas
- Being a team-player and ready to work flexible hours, including work-related travel.
- Educational background in line with the function
- Understanding of marketing in the digital sphere, as well as the media landscape in Europe a strong asset
- Work experience in the field of advertising, digital campaigns, communications or ad agencies
- Knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process
Under article 82, (23) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate to be an excellent team player who likes to work in a multicultural environment and who is ready to engage in work-related travel.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 7th of December, 7pm Brussels time.
KINDLY NOTE that this vacancy is not the same as the one currently being advertised by our partners - the European Green Party. (see here their vacancy). If you are interested in both vacancies, you will need to apply to both separately. The Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament works very closely with the European Green Party.