This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time reinforcement for the position as Facilities and Logistics Assistant in the Logistics and Events Team (fixed-term contractual agent contract of one year function group III).
Deadline for application: 26 February 2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Managing office moves of group staff, MEPs and their assistants: which includes front desk, managing IT equipment and furniture via the EP’s specific management applications and managing archive rooms;
- Developing and monitoring a concept for office attribution of the group staff, in coordination with HR, and of MEP offices, in coordination with the respective management level;
- Assisting coordination meetings between the political groups of the Parliament and its administration;
Room Booking and Events assistance
- Assisting with room bookings: reservation of rooms for meetings of MEPs and staff via the EP’s specific management applications
- Assisting in the organisation of group conferences and follow up these events
- Assisting in the organisation of group external meeting and ad Hoc events
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Experience in line with the job description for at least 3 years, more is an asset;
- Experience in a multicultural environment
- Interest and knowledge of green politics and of the Greens/EFA group functioning is an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English and another EU language. Good knowledge of German or French is an asset;
- Good communication, strategic thinking and coordination skills;
- Good organisation skills and ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Knowledge about the administrative structure of the Group and the EP is an asset;
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Be a good team-worker and ready to work flexible hours and joining missions, notably the monthly plenary session in Strasbourg (FR)
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State;
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate to be an excellent team player, open minded and proactive, who likes to work in a multicultural environment, ready to work flexible hours and joining on missions.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 26 February end of business 7pm Brussels time.