This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time Network Officer (fixed-term contractual agent position for two years renewable, function group III).
Deadline for application: Monday 8th of March 7PM
Starting date: as soon as possible
Place of employment Brussels (Belgium).
The Campaigns and Outreach Unit of the Greens/EFA group is hiring a committed Network Officer for National Parliaments and Governments to join its team in Brussels. The Network Officer will report to the Campaigns and Outreach Team Leader, Secretary General and Member of the Bureau responsible for the Outreach department.
The role will involve coordinating our work in the European Parliament with Greens in Government at all levels, ranging from the Ministerial, to the regional and the local as well as with green and green-minded groups in Parliaments.
The Network Officer for National Parliaments and Governments will be responsible for maintaining regular contacts with Greens in Government and elected greens, including green and green-minded groups in Parliaments at all levels. The Network Officer is charged with creating spaces for strategic exchanges of information and working together on common initiatives, identifying from amongst their priorities the issues that could be tackled at EU level in a coordinated manner.
The Network Officer for National Parliaments and Governments will track political developments in key EU Member States that are of strategic importance to the Greens/EFA Group, flag relevant developments to the hierarchy in a timely manner and propose specific follow-up activities.
The suitable candidate must be a committed team player, with a high degree of availability and flexibility. They should already have experience working in an international political context - ideally with high-level officer holders - and have excellent networking and problem-solving skills. They should be proactive, resourceful, respectful of others, willing to travel and extremely well organised.
Tasks to be performed:
- Contributing to the group’s intelligence-gathering, including identification of key issues via regular contacts with Greens in government and parliaments at local, regional, national and international level, in order to feed in to the group’s overall strategy;
- Strengthening the impact of the work of the group and of the group’s information campaigns by organising strategic coordination meetings with Green Ministers across Europe, regional ministers, Parliamentarians on national or regional level, councillors and mayors, the green group in the Committee of the Regions, etc, in cooperation with the EGP and key partners;
- Conducting regular “needs analyses” of greens in government and greens in Parliaments to identify from amongst their priorities the issues that could be tackled at EU level by leveraging the Greens/EFA Group’s added value, in cooperation with the EGP;
- Providing strategic advice upon request to greens in government and greens in Parliaments on how to leverage the added-value of the group and how to influence the EU institutions, providing training and capacity-building, and ensuring regular information-sharing on our priorities;
- Proactively identifying existing group campaign initiatives or projects that would be of relevance to greens in government and greens in Parliaments and which would help to strengthen our information campaigns by making clear links to the local, regional or national level;
- Responsible, as part of the outreach team, for organising monthly meetings of the outreach strategy working group, proactively proposing specific outreach activities, and ensuring group follow of decisions taken at the working group, including via the set-up of specific task-forces for a particular country, issue or project;
- May sometimes be responsible for supervising interns working with the Campaigns and Outreach department.
Requirements: Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Relevant work experience of 5 years or more
- Proficiency in English and in at least one other EU language
- Excellent communication skills and experience in managing information flows in large and complex working environments
- Excellent organisational skills and proven record of strategic planning or project management involving several countries
- Strong team player who is open-minded, constructive and has experience in working in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to problem-solve, with an emphasis on creativity and brainstorming new ideas
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests and projects at the same time
- Self-motivated, proactive and stress-resistant
- Strong networks of greens or like-minded actors across Europe and clear understanding of the added value of the Greens/EFA Group
- Understanding of Green/EFA positions on key issues and of the various sensitivities amongst different parties in the green family
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment with some flexible hours, including work-related travel
- Knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process
- Educational background in line with the function
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in managing databases of contacts and other relevant information for organisational purposes
Under article 82, (23) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 8th of March, 7 PM Brussels time.