This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time maternity leave replacement for the position of EMPL adviser (fixed-term contractual agent position of six months, function group III).
Deadline for application: 05/11/2019
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Tasks to be performed:
- Adviser of the group in the Employment and Social Affairs Committee (EMPL) (shared); preparing Group MEPs for Committee meetings including draft reports, briefings resolutions, amendments and voting lists;
- Support coordination of the Green EMPL work, which includes: assignments of Green MEP rapporteur or shadow rapporteur roles and staff attribution; Organisation of EMPL preparatory meetings; briefings for EMPL committee meetings; coordination of Greens’ working priorities in EMPL;
- Enhance the visibility of the Group inside and outside of the EP;
- Organisation of conferences in the fields of competence;
- Networking with NGOs in the field, cooperation with stakeholders and NGOs in the field;
- Attendance to committee meetings assuring close contact to EP secretariat; Advising group members on the issues related to EMPL (briefings, debriefings);
- Following up outcomes of committee reports after adoption in plenary and of political priorities of the group in this field; co-ordination with advisors from related committees and the press service;
- Liaison and negotiation with Commission and Council, preparation and follow-up of conciliation and trialogue meetings;
- Specific research and drafting policy papers on key issues for committee and group priorities. Conception and organisation of conferences in the fields of competence;
- Contribution to campaign material and campaigning in the fields of competence.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Work experience in the field;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process;
- Educational background in line with the function;
- Familiarity with Green positions relevant for the work in the EMPL committee;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology;
- Excellent standard of English and fluent in at least one other EU language
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Be a good team-worker and ready to work flexible hours and joining missions, notably the monthly plenary session in Strasbourg (FR)
Under article 12, (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State;
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate being an excellent team player who likes to work in a multicultural environment.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Deputy Secretary General of the Group (Jan-Paul.Brouwer@ep.europa.eu) with copy to Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 05/11/2019 end of business (7PM Brussels time).