Policy adviser for Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee (IMCO)
Vacancy Notice – Contractual agent, FG III
This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time replacement for the position of IMCO adviser (fixed-term contractual agent contract of 2-years with possibility of extension, function group III).
Deadline for application: 16th of March 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
Place of employment: Brussels (Belgium).
Tasks to be performed:
- Adviser of the group in the Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee (IMCO) (shared); preparing Group MEPs for Committee meetings including draft reports, briefings resolutions, amendments and voting lists;
- Support coordination of the Green IMCO work, which includes: assignments of Green MEP rapporteur or shadow rapporteur roles and staff attribution; Organisation of IMCO preparatory meetings; briefings for IMCO committee meetings; coordination of Greens’ working priorities in IMCO;
- Enhance the visibility of the Group inside and outside of the EP;
- Organisation of conferences in the fields of competence;
- Networking with NGOs in the field, cooperation with stakeholders and NGOs in the field;
- Attendance to committee meetings assuring close contact to EP secretariat; Advising group members on the issues related to IMCO (briefings, debriefings);
- Following up outcomes of committee reports after adoption in plenary and of political priorities of the group in this field; co-ordination with advisors from related committees and the press service;
- Liaison and negotiation with Commission and Council, preparation and follow-up of conciliation and trialogue meetings;
- Specific research and drafting policy papers on key issues for committee and group priorities. Conception and organisation of conferences in the fields of competence;
- Contribution to campaign material and campaigning in the fields of competence.
Requirements: Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Work experience of 3 years or more;
- Work experience in the field covered by the competences of the IMCO committee;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process;
- Familiarity with Green positions relevant for the work in the IMCO committee;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology;
- Excellent standard of English and fluent in at least one other EU language;
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Being a team player and ready to work flexible hours, including work-related travel.
- Experience in the European Parliament or other EU institutions;
- Previous experience in the area of procurement, standardisation, construction, standardisation/streamlined product design for People with disability;
- Educational background in line with the function.
Under article 82, (23) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 16th of March 2021 end of business 7pm Brussels time (GMT+1)