Policy adviser for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON)
Contractual agent, FG III, Parental leave replacement
This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a Policy adviser to the ECON Committee (parental leave replacement, fixed-term contractual agent contract of one year, function group III).
Starting date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the group's MEPs in the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON); taking part in the preparation of parliamentary work;
- Preparing MEPs for Committee meetings incl. draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments, & voting lists; attending committee meetings, ensuring close contact with the EP secretariat;
- Taking part in the work of the Group concerning ECON issues; preparing briefings for Group meetings;
- Negotiating and discussing with stakeholders and colleagues in the Parliament on behalf of the Group; co-ordination with advisors from related committees and the communications and campaign teams;
- Assisting and informing Group Members on the work in the respective Committees;
- Liaising and negotiating with Commission and Council officials, preparation and follow-up of conciliation and Trilogue meetings (related to ECON);
- Contributing content and strategy to the Group’s campaigning and media work in relation to economic, financial and tax policies;
- Networking with NGOs in the field; cooperation with stakeholders in the field;
- Contributing to campaign material in the field of competence, following up political priorities of the group linked to this field.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Very good knowledge of economics, financial regulation and/or EU economic/financial law, knowledge of public finance and/or tax law is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of the institutional structure of the European Union and its activities as well as of the functioning of the European Parliament;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology and data management;
- An excellent standard of English and be fluent in at least one other EU language;
- Work experience in line with the function of at least 2 years, more years of experience considered an asset;
- Ready to work flexible hours and joining missions.
Familiarity with political questions relevant to the ECON committee is an asset, as is knowledge about general Green politics.
Under article 82 (3) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State; unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
We expect the candidate to be open minded and proactive, who likes to work in a multicultural environment, ready to work flexible hours and joining on missions.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 7pm Brussels time on 22-06-2021.