This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time Policy adviser in the Committee on Petitions (PETI) Contractual in its Secretariat in Brussels (Fixed-term contractual agent contract of two years, function group III, with possible prolongation until, at least, the end of the parliamentary legislature).
Starting date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the group’s MEPs on policy issues related to the Committee on Petitions (PETI), in particular on the examination and political assessment of petitions submitted to the European Parliament, the relations with the Ombudsman’s and the follow-up of European Citizens Initiatives;
- Preparing MEPs for Committee and coordinators’ meetings, including draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments and voting lists; attending to coordinators’ meetings, committee meetings, assuring close contact to EP PETI secretariat; participating in fact-finding visits and assisting MEPs at the reporting stage;
- Taking part in the work of the Group in the field of competence; prepare dossiers for Group meetings, briefings, resolutions, amendments and voting lists for the plenary sessions;
- Coordinating the WG PETI, participating in the Greens/EFA Cluster Rights & Democracy, and, when relevant in other internal working groups;
- Contributing content to the Group’s campaigning and media work in relation to the fields of competence; Liaising with the different components of the Greens/EFA Group and, when relevant, with the European Green Party;
- Negotiating and discussing on behalf of the Group with stakeholders, relevant NGOs and representatives of other political groups in the Parliament;
- Liaising and negotiating with Commission officials, the Ombudsman’s office;
- Assisting petitioners throughout the petitioning procedure and ensuring when necessary an adequate networking;
Qualifications and experience required:
- Have a very good knowledge of EU policies in the fields of citizens participation, petitions, European citizens initiatives (ECI);
- Have strong knowledge of the institutional structure of the European Union and its activities as well as of the functioning of the European Parliament;
- Have very good writing and organisational skills;
- Have excellent networking and negotiations skills;
- Have an excellent standard of English and be fluent in at least one other EU language;
- Have working experience in line with the function of at least 3 years, more years of experience considered an asset.
- Experience in a political environment and a multicultural surrounding; broad knowledge of the Greens/EFA political positions.
Under article 12 (2) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- be citizen of an EU Member State; unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to article 6 (1);
- enjoy full rights as citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 27 October end of business (7PM Brussels time).