This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time Outreach officer (fixed-term contractual agent position for two years renewable, function group III).
Deadline for application: Monday 8th of march 7 PM
Starting date: as soon as possible
Place of employment Brussels (Belgium).
The Campaigns and Outreach Unit of the Greens/EFA group is hiring a committed Outreach Officer for Southern and Eastern EU countries to join its team in Brussels. The outreach officer will report to the Campaigns and Outreach Team Leader, Secretary General and Member of the Bureau responsible for the Outreach department.
The role will involve tracking political developments in key EU Member States that are of strategic importance to the Greens/EFA Group, flagging relevant developments to the hierarchy in a timely manner and proposing specific follow-up activities. This includes conducting intelligence-gathering research through green allies in key Member States and regular analyses of data.
The South&East Outreach Officer will be responsible for maintaining regular contacts with green and likeminded parties and movements particularly in the South and East of the EU, creating spaces for strategic exchanges of information and working together on common initiatives such as information campaigns or events. In cooperation with the European partners, they will identify from amongst their priorities the issues that could be tackled at EU level.
The South&East Outreach Officer will be responsible for coming up with and implementing innovative outreach strategies in order to widen our networks of allies and create synergies with potential stakeholders based on mutual respect and trust, specifically focusing on countries in the South and East of Europe. They will also contribute to the group’s enlargement strategy by helping to build new alliances in key EU countries in the South and East of the EU.
The suitable candidate must be a committed team player, with a high degree of availability and flexibility. They should already have experience working in an international political context and have excellent networking and problem-solving skills. They should be proactive, resourceful, respectful of others, willing to travel and extremely well organised.
Tasks to be performed:
- Contributing to the group’s intelligence-gathering, including identification of key issues in EU Member States in the South and East via regular contacts with national partners and strategic analysis of surveys, in order to feed in to the group’s overall strategy;
- Leading on research on core audiences and testing of narratives and key messages in the South and East in order to strengthen our political priorities and the information campaigns;
- Proactively identifying existing group campaign initiatives or projects that would be of relevance in the South and East and identifying from amongst their priorities the issues that could be tackled at EU level;
- Providing regular information to our partners in the South and East on how to leverage the added-value of the group and how to influence the EU institutions.
- Responsible for enlarging our networks in the South and East by identifying new social movements that are aligned with our values, including via the European Ideas Labs and other outreach events as well as helping to maintain a regularly updated and expanding database of contacts for the group;
- Contributes to the ongoing strategy of reinforcement of the visibility of our activities
- Responsible, as part of the outreach team, for organising monthly meetings of the outreach strategy working group, proactively proposing specific outreach activities, and ensuring group follow of decisions taken at the working group, including via the set-up of specific task-forces for a particular country, issue or project.
- May sometimes be responsible for supervising interns working with the Campaigns and Outreach department
It should be noted that there will be another full-time outreach officer with similar tasks but who will not be focussing specifically on countries in the South and East of Europe.
Requirements: Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Relevant work experience of 5 years or more
- Proficiency in English and in at least one other EU language
- Excellent communication skills and experience in managing information flows in large and complex working environments
- Excellent organisational skills and proven record of strategic planning or project management involving several countries
- Strong team player who is open-minded, constructive and has experience in working in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to problem-solve, with an emphasis on creativity and brainstorming new ideas
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests and projects at the same time
- Self-motivated, proactive and stress-resistant
- Strong networks of greens or like-minded actors across Europe and clear understanding of the added value of the Greens/EFA Group
- Understanding of Green/EFA positions on key issues and of the various sensitivities amongst different parties in the green family
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment with some flexible hours, including work-related travel
- Knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process
- Educational background in line with the function
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in managing databases of contacts and other relevant information for organisational purposes
Under article 82, (23) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- Be citizen of an EU Member State unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to in article 6 (1);
- Enjoy full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 8th of march 7PM Brussels time.