Patents on conventional breeding of plants and animals and their consequences for the agricultural sector and the food production.
How to interpret the EU Biotech Patents Directive 98/44/EC ? Is there a need to change the law?
The point of view of stakeholders.
- Mars, Inc. - one of the world's leading food manufacturers
Mr. Ingmar Streese, Director Global Programs and Partnerships
- Plantum - Dutch Plant Breeders Association, NL
Mr. Niels Louwaars, Director
- Professor Fritz Dolder - University of Basel - Faculty of Law, CH
- Misereor - Catholic Organisation for Development Cooperation, D
Ms. Kerstin Lanje - Policy and advocacy officer - world trade and food
- COAG - Union of farmers from Spain, ES
Mr. José Manuel Benítez – responsible for organic farms and seeds
- No Patents On Seeds
Mr Christoph Then, Co-ordinator
Hosted by MEPs Evelyne GEBHARDT, Martin KASTLER and Martin HÄUSLING
Interpretation will be provided in EN / DE / FR / ES