New EFA Group in the European Parliament
When: Tuesday 7 July 2009 at 14h30
Where: European Parliament Press Briefing Room PHS 0A50
MEPs from the newly re-constituted European Free Alliance Group, which forms a common parliamentary group with the Greens, will give a press conference to present the new group and explain priorities for the coming parliamentary term.
Participants will include:
- Jill Evans MEP (Plaid Cymru - Wales), President of the EFA Group and First Vice-President of the Greens/EFA Group
- Ian Hudghton MEP (Scottish National Party), Vice President EFA Group
- Frieda Brepoels MEP (N-VA Flanders), Vice President EFA Group
- Tatjana Zdanoka MEP (PCTVL - Latvia)
- Oriol Junqueras MEP (Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya)
- Francois Alfonsi MEP (PNC - Partitu di a Nazione Corsa)
EFA has formed a joint group with the Greens since 1999. The European Free Alliance was formed in 1981 to work for a Europe in which nations, regions and language communities would have the right to their own identities and would work together to help shape a democratic and effective union. EFA brings together like minded parties from nations seeking independence or greater autonomy and those campaigning for minority rights.
Interpretation will be provided: EN/ES/NL/FR