Greens/EFA meeting in Nairobi
Event in the context of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
This meeting will be focused on the links of climate policies with biodiversity and forests.
Several studies underlined the threat that represents global warming on biodiversity with many species at risk of going extinct.
The programme is the following one:
Chair: Satu Hassi MEP Greens/EFA, Finland
with Prof. Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 2004
With interventions from
- Stavros Dimas, Environment Commissioner, EU Commission
- Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio, Minister for Environment, Italy
- Anders Wijkman, MEP, EPP-ED, Sweden, President GLOBE EU
- Kirsten Macey, Climate Action Network Europe
- Nick Nuttal, Spokesperson, Office of the UNEP Executive Director
Donwload the poster of this event (pdf)