The European Free Alliance (EFA) Group in the European Parliament is made up of MEPs representing Europe’s stateless nations, regions and minorities.
Over the 2014 -2019 Parliamentary term, EFA MEPs have come from Catalonia, Galicia, Latvia, Basque Country, Scotland, Valencia and Wales.
The work of EFA MEPs has covered a wide range of policy areas, guided by the following principles:
- the right to self-determination
- decentralised decision-making
- defending human rights and civil liberties
- protecting the environment
- sustainable economic development
This report is intended to give a brief overview of some of the highlights of the group’s work during this parliamentary term.