Civil and Fundamental Rights in the EU
The Catalan case
9:30h - 11:00h
State repression on the 1st of October
- [9:30h - 9:35h] MEP Jordi Solé, welcome remarks
- [9:35h - 9:40h] Lluís Arcarazo, Director of the Documentary “1-O”
- [9:40h - 10:20h] Screening of the Documentary “1-O”.
- [10:20h - 11:00h] Round Table
- [10:20h - 10:30h] Roger Español, witness of the events of the 1 October. Personal experience
- [10:30h - 10:40h] Virginia Martínez, 1-O Victims Association
- [10:40h - 10:50h] Albert Carreras, Bar Association of Girona
- [10:50h - 11:00h] Q&A
11:00h - 12:00h
Civil and Fundamental Rights in the run-up of the Referendum
- [11:00h - 11:15h] Anaïs Franquesa Griso, Director of IRIDIA, Center for the defence of human rights.
- [11:15h - 11:40h] Jessica Simor and Françoise Tulkens, International Lawyers. Presentation of the Report: “Catalonian human rights review. Judicial controls in the context of the 1 October Referendum”.
- [11:40h - 12:00h] Q&A
12:00h - 12:45h
The Right to Self-Determination of Nations in the framework of the 1-O
- [12:00h - 12:30h] Alfred-Maurice de Zayas, UN Independent Expert on the Promotion of a Democratic and Equitable International Order. The Right to Self-Determination of Nations in the framework of the 1-O.
- [12:30h - 12:45h] Q&A
12:45h - 13:00h