Unlocking our Potential: Our right to Independence
The EFA Conference on Self-Determination in the beautiful city of Barcelona promises to be a thought-provoking and enriching event. By bringing together experts, and political representatives, it aims to promote dialogue and inspire action towards the realization of independence.
The primary purpose of the conference is to promote and advocate for the principle of Sel-determination. Self-determination is a fundamental human right that allows individuals and communities to make choices about their political, economic, social, and cultural futures. This conference is an opportunity to engage with one of the fundamental principles of human rights and empowerment in a dynamic and culturally rich setting. It aims to promote awareness, knowledge-sharing, policy discussions, networking, and advocacy related to the principle of self-determination. It provides an international perspective on self-determination. Attendees can learn from the experiences and challenges faced by various regions and apply those lessons to their own context
Introduction by Jordi Solé, Member of the European Parliament and EFA Group President.
- Yves-François Blanchet - Member of the House of Commons of Canada and Leader of the Bloc Quebecois.
- Hervør Pálsdóttir - Member of Parliament of the Faroe Islands for Tjóðveldi party
- Liz Saville Roberts - Member of Parliament of Westminster for Plaid Cymru
- Idurre Bideguren Gabantxo - Basque Member of the Spanish Senate for Euskal Herria Bildu party
- Michael Russell - President of the Scottish National Party, former member of the Scottish Parliament and former Minister of the Scottish government
- Oriol Junqueras - President of Equerra Republicana de Catalunya, former member of the Catalan Parliament, former Vice-President of the Generalitat.
Moderated by Helle Kettner