JOIN THE CAMPAIGN
NO JUSTICE WITHOUT TAX JUSTICE
WE WANT FAIR TAXATION
We imagine the EU as a place where future generations will thrive and where everyone will have equal opportunities. It is time to push for fair taxation and wealth redistribution to be able to make this a reality.
BUT THAT’S NOT CURRENTLY THE CASE
Everywhere around the world, the social gap has increased to unprecedented levels. Preferential tax regimes and tax avoidance are the main driving element, costing the EU 4.5 billion euros last year alone.
Get the latest news on our campaign for more tax justice
TRANSPARENCY IS KEY!
That’s why we believe that the first step to bring tax avoidance and evasion to an end is to know who owns what. We need a European wealth and asset registry and we need it now. We must clean up our own house and ensure that we lead by example in achieving tax justice.
OUR KEY DEMANDS TO GET
- We need a fair minimum tax across the EU. Multinationals cannot keep getting away with paying little to no real tax when they are making millions in profit. And we need to make sure that what they pay in tax is properly reported in every country.
- To be able to have fair taxation, we need to change the system. Voting tax matters through unanimity gives countries too much individual leverage and stops progress and tax justice for the greater good. Unanimity needs to end!
- We need a European asset registry that is free to access. We should be able to know what the super rich own. We need an EU-wide registry so that journalists aren’t the ones in charge of uncovering scandals. Transparency is key to adequately tax the wealth of the 1% and to make sure that we stop the use of shell companies.
- Cleaning our house up is one of the main ways to stop tax avoidance and tax evasion. The EU needs to strengthen the criteria of the tax haven list and ensure that member states are not enabling unfair tax practices. There cannot be safe havens in the EU.
- We need the highest ambition in the Anti Money Laundering package. If we are going to combat financial crime, the EU must be ready to sanction those who are not following the rules and those countries that fail to apply the regulations.
- Tax justice means social and environmental justice. We must make sure that there are EU rules that tax the richest structures to protect our planet and ensure social justice across all member states.